Phonetic course expectations

Sounds of English: Introduction | Phonetic alphabet, Phonetic chart, Word  sorts

Based on my teaching experiences I can say that each group and student is different according to their needs and as teachers we have the responsibility to know not only the needs of our students but also our own as teachers. 

Over time I have realized that my needs are a function of knowledge, this means that I am constantly looking for new ways or strategies to make my teaching practice adaptable to the needs of my groups and specifically to the needs of each of my students, many times we do not have the resources, but being flexible allows us to take a simple activity to a meaningful experience in the learning process of our students.

Through this phonetics course I would like to know and understand, not just assume that I have the knowledge, something I was never trained in. Although some pronunciation processes are learned naturally through social exchange, realizing that a letter is not pronounced as it is written or sounded is often a more complex process. 

Personally, I pronounce words that I know, where and why, but I do not know their relationship with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), the characters and where the sounds come from physically and their implications, as in de video of Adrian Undehill in pronunciation workshop, he mentioned the importance of keeping pronunciation not only as a mental activity, rather making it physical, knowing the connection between the muscles, the face and how to make them visible, so for this course I would humbly like to learn more about it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And this is how I see! Kaseta_Young_Learners - Lesson 0 grade

My life as Chris

And this is how I see! Lekcja języka angielskiego - Dąbrówka